You will lick the bowl, blender and cutlery with this one!!!
This Liver pate has an amazingly silky smooth texture and my original inspiration was taken from this site The Healthy Foodie who calls hers a Paleo Pate. However, I do it with much less effort and a few tweaks. It is gluten free and can be made dairy free too.
It is Zen's first day at big school and he asked for Chicken Liver Pate on his sandwich, which meant bread and pate making. But it is quick and easy and will leave you licking the bowl. Amen
Makes 8 small jars
800g chicken livers (rinsed and patted dry with paper towel)
2 medium sliced white onions
2 apples, peeled, cored and chopped
½ tsp salt
½ tsp pepper
1 tsp nutmeg
½ cup full fat canned coconut cream
1/4 cup ghee
1/4 cup melted coconut oil. You can just use 1/2 cup of coconut oil but it's not as creamy
3 tbs of truffle oil
1 tsp mandarin zest
juice of 1 mandarin
1. Melt 2 tbs of Ghee and then add onions, apples, salt, pepper, nutmeg.
2. When the onions are softening, add livers.
3. Cook livers for about 5 minutes till they are brown on outside and pink on inside
4. Melt Ghee, coconut cream and Coconut oil
5. Put everything in the food processor and add truffle oil, mandarin zest and juice. I then transferred it to my blender as it is higher powered and makes it silky smooth.
6. Lick all the bowls, knives and cutlery until everything is all over your face !!! This is the best part
This is a pate that loves visiting friends, so please pay it forward and gift one to a beautiful person that makes you smile