Luxuriously Light Grain-free Hazelnut bread
Grain free, gluten free, dairy free and delicious
I'm on a hazelnut pluck at the moment. Hazelnuts are nutritious in that they are rich in fiber, contain good amounts of monounsaturated fats and have healthy amounts of magnesium, manganese, vitamin E, antioxidants and folate. Have I convinced you yet????
If not - one taste of this amazing bread will have you drooling for more. I know being a nutritionist I'm supposed to have more will power...but I don't...and I cut the biggest slices and lather them in butter and mandarin and truffle liver pate.
First I make the hazelnut milk to make smoothies and drinks and then use the left over hazelnut pulp to make the bread. Nothing goes to waste and this makes my heart happy.
And of course....its so easy!
2 cups of hazelnut flour
1/4 cup of psyllium husks
1/4 black sesame seeds
1/4 flax seeds
5 large organic eggs/6 small ones
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp Himalayan salt
1 tbs apple cider vinegar
1/4 cup of coconut oil (melted)
1 tbs vanilla essence
1 tbs honey
1. Melt coconut oil, honey and vanilla in a pot together
2. Put all everything else including eggs into your blender and whizzzzzz
3. Add oil, honey and vanilla while whizzing
4. Put in a small loaf bread pan/silicon mold
5. Bake in a fan oven 30-40 minutes at 160 degrees, or until you prick it and the stick comes out clean.
* It looks quick dry and thick when you decanter it, so you kind of mold it into place with a spoon or spatula. I've made it too runny and it doesn't come out light and fluffy.
Enjoy with butter and liver pate and try to share with friends